Bright, rosy lavender flower wands open from top to bottom in early summer, appearing to glow at the tips. Narrow, opposite leaves are up to 10 inches long at the base of the plant and decrease in length up the stems.
In all, Liatris is a very strong vertical accent and ‘Kobold’ is one of the best selections available for border gardens. It is a staple item for cutting gardens; it adds a bright, vertical element to bouquets.
- Height: 18.0-30.0 Inches
- Spread: 12.0-16.0 Inches
- Hardiness Zones: 3,4,5,6,7,8,9
- Flower Color: Pink shades, Purple shades
- Foliage Color: Green shades
- Sunlight: Full Sun (> 6 hrs. Direct Sun)
- Water Requirements: Average Water Needs
- Soil Quality: Poor Soil QualityAverage Soil QualityFertile Soil Quality
- Soil Chemistry: Acidic Soil (pH < 7.0)Neutral Soil (pH = 7.0)Alkaline Soil (pH > 7.0)
- Bloomtime: Early Summer, Midsummer
- Attracts Wings: Attracts Butterflies, Bee Friendly
- Critter Resistant: Deer Resistant
- Seasonal Interest: Dried Seed Heads
- Growth Rate: Medium